Re: Not sure if this is a bug, or just me.

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Not sure if this is a bug, or just me.
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2022 09:40:15 +0000

On Thu, 2022-01-27 at 08:58 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Wed, 2022-01-26 at 19:29 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Attached is a denemo file and a default layout pdf.
> > 7 movements (short)
> > each has Chords, Tune, Edited (Saxed) tune, and 4 mirrored staves,
> > two of each of Tune and Edited Tune, transposed on print for
> > Clarinet
> > and Eb Sax
> > I'm having problems with Time signatures.
> >    1. It was written in 4/4, but I decided to change it to 2/2
> > because of its rhythm. The editor has all movements in 2/2; the pdf
> > shows that some are in Common time and in Cut time.
> >        In movement 2 the first pdf time sig  is wrongly Common. Bar
> > 18 is in 3/2. When it reverts to 2/2 in Bar 19 it shows Cut time.
> >    2. I tried to eliminate the doubt by changing to a Numeric Time
> > Signature, which doesn't seem to work and Common and Cut time
> > remain.
> > Any Suggestions.
>
> The mirror staffs take their clef/time/key from the staff they are
> mirroring, baked in at the moment you do the mirroring, so changing
> the
> staff they are mirroring does not alter them. At the start of each
> mirror stave is an object that tells you to right click and to re-do
> the mirroring if you want them to update to new values set in the
> original staffs.

I should have mentioned that it is only the last time signature at any
given musical moment that is the one that counts - so unless you are
printing the mirrored staffs as individual parts you can just update
the bottom-most staff's time signature, that is the one that is the
final word on what time signature to typeset.