[bug #61739] Outdated libffi dependency prevents AppImage launch under U

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #61739] Outdated libffi dependency prevents AppImage launch under Ubuntu 20.04
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 12:21:18 -0500 (EST)

Update of bug #61739 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

On Debian stable I am getting the same error message running the AppImage
built when libffi was on version six. I've rebuilt the appimage to include the
current libffi that is in Debian stable, version 7, and the appimage after
build ok fails to execute with this message

./denemo_2.5.7.AppImage
/tmp/.mount_denemopoVnee
Denemo data expected in /tmp/.mount_denemopoVnee/share/denemo
Uncaught exception:
Backtrace:

Error while printing exception:
Key: stack-overflow, args: (#f "Stack overflow" #f #f)
Aborting.
Aborted

It sounds like if I could copy libffi version six into the appimage then it
might work, but I don't know how to get hold of the files to copy...

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61739>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/