Is Ctrl-Drag currently useful?

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Is Ctrl-Drag currently useful?
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 2021 12:23:12 +0000

I am guessing that left-drag with control (which is currently a default
shortcut for dragging note pitches) is not used by anyone intentionally
and could cause unexpected havoc in a score.
With this in mind I propose hard-wiring(*) Control left horizontal drag
to widen/narrow measures and vertical to increase/decrease staff
spacing (all disply only effects) as these are not easy to change
otherwise.

If anyone has objections please say.

Richard
(*) setting mouse shortcuts is limited to "drag" without being able to
use the direction or amount of drag, so this can't be a mouse shortcut.