[bug #61247] Whole note rest in 2 voices won't combine

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #61247] Whole note rest in 2 voices won't combine
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2021 10:56:08 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #61247 (project denemo):

Put the whole measure rest in (say) the voiceOne only, and insert a  voice
auto (Alt-v, a) before and a voice One (Alt-v, 1) after the rest.

Slightly neater is to do what I have done at bar 23 in your example - I went
into the Advanced section of the editor for the directive attached to the rest
and added the LilyPond syntax for voiceOne and automatic voicing before and
after the note. For good measure I added |   | around the Rest 4/4 as well so
it can be seen to be special. And, while I was at it I created a snippet from
it so it could be inserted wherever needed by inserting the snippet.

(file #51989)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: Mandonico3b.denemo             Size:113 KB
    <https://file.savannah.gnu.org/file/Mandonico3b.denemo?file_id=51989>

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61247>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/