[bug #61176] bar number alighnment counter intuitive

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #61176] bar number alighnment counter intuitive
Date: Sun, 19 Sep 2021 09:42:01 -0400 (EDT)

Update of bug #61176 (project denemo):

Follow-up Comment #1:

I guess this concerns the typesetting:

Command: Bar Number Alignment
Allow choice of alignment of bar numbers with the barline.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Score ▶ Typesetter ▶ Bar and Page Numbering
Internal Name: BarNumberAlignment

The placement seems normal to me - the number is always somewhere around the
barline that starts the bar, either centred on that barline or ending at it or
beginning at it. I presume these are all normal, as LilyPond is providing
these choices and so it will have been heavily discussed... "the beginning of
the bar it's referring to" is what having it start at the tbe start of the
barline that starts the bar does - ie the Align to Left choice, and this
*does* seem to be the default - I just deleted the alignment directive and the
bar number starts immediately after the barline.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?61176>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/