Improvements for Composers

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Improvements for Composers
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2021 17:31:58 +0100

I've been doing a bit more composing and I've found it's useful to
capture bits of improvised music and store them at the place in the
score where I will want to notate them. As there is already a feature
for recording audio and another for attaching it to a score I've worked
on these to make a proper feature of it. The Playback menu has become
Playback/Record and the relevant commands are gathered in the Recording
submenu.

I've added to the manual:

"If you are creating music at the MIDI keyboard and have found a
fragment that you would like to notate, Denemo allows you to invoke a
command in the Playback->Recording menu to record your playing and
attach it to the score as an audio recording. The audio recording is
displayed above the top staff (the command will also create a click
trackClick Track if you wish) starting at the timing of the note at the
cursor. When you play the score this audio is played allowing you to
notate the rhythm to match it and enter the notes without risking you
forgetting the phrase that you had record"

In addition, I've created a command to play/record an entire score,
with repeats with a user-chosen silence between each movement - this is
using Denemo's simple MIDI output.

Will be built over-night as usual.