[bug #59547] Denemo does not start

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [bug #59547] Denemo does not start
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2020 06:00:07 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #7, bug #59547 (project denemo):

I've just been digging around in the Denemo code and a very simple test would
be to change the file ~/.denemo-2.4.0/denemorc at the line

    <portmidi_output_device>default</portmidi_output_device>

to read

    <portmidi_output_device>none</portmidi_output_device>

(In fact you could disable the other audio and midi devices by this means,
which might be simpler than re-compiling).
The back story is that this MIDI output serves no purpose in Denemo - it was
included by a Google Summer of Code student for "completeness". Denemo does
not have any code to output MIDI in real time. This has rather bugged me for
some time, but now I've dug down and found the relevant bit of code I'll make
"none" the default for MIDI output as even if it isn't the cause of the
present bug it could always be so in future.

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?59547>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/