Re: Capture the music compass/timing with MIDI piano

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Capture the music compass/timing with MIDI piano
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 08:47:13 +0000

On Wed, 2020-11-11 at 18:15 -0300, Júlio César Borges da Silveira
Nardelli wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm new in Denemo.
> What I would like to do is play my musics on the MIDI piano and
> Denemo automatically generate the score.
> I played few notes but Denemo is not able to understand the
> compass/timing.

Denemo doesn't try to do that - it expects you to have already entered
the rhythm (https://vimeo.com/61994482) - it means you have to play the
piece in twice, once the rhythms then the pitches.

> I would like to "record" the music using a metronome and Denemo be
> able mark the time signatures.

Detecting the rhythm from a human player is rather like detecting words
from human speech, much harder than it looks. People try this out and
find they spend so much time correcting the recognition errors that
they give up. Denemo's note entry system is the best currently
available.