Re: custom keymap

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: custom keymap
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2020 15:32:12 +0100

On Tue, 2020-09-01 at 09:35 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:
> [...]
> ---------------------------
> > Also I want a way to move to the right octave without using the
> comma
> > and apostrophe like a = a, and A=a
>
> -------------------------
> to be clearer if I assume three octaves  for example c1 c2 c3  where
> c2 would be on the staff, c1 below the staff and c3 above the staff
> (eventhough it doesn't work exacly like that)

Unfortunately computer programs can't work in inexact ways. Denemo has
a number of commands for inserting notes of a named pitch, and it would
be possible to script new ones but they would need precise semantics.

> I would like c2 to be lower case c, c3 upper case C, and c1 be cc.
> for example.
> When I tried out the keycombo for capital A
I think you may mean holding down the Shift key while pressing and
releasing the A key while the CapsLock is off. In the default keymap
that is the first keypress of a two keypress shortcut. Possible
continuations are listed on the status bar bottom right.

>  it opened the record scheme script dialog.

I don't know of such a dialog - can you show a picture of it, or
describe its title?

Richard