Re: Emailing: GreekSuiteV3a.zip, GreekSuiteV3bass.zip

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Emailing: GreekSuiteV3a.zip, GreekSuiteV3bass.zip
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2020 15:22:42 +0100

On Tue, 2020-04-28 at 11:22 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I hope you are well.
>
> I tried opening V3a and deleting all staffs except for bass.
I think you forgot to do this in the second movement.

>  I was
> aiming to add a "Chord Staff" which would have told me the note name
> as
> well since my bass clef reading isn't fluent)
> I saved it as V3bass.
> It would not Typeset - insufficient Braces in staff 1.
>  I'm not sure
> there should be any on a single staff piece.

No, indeed there shouldn't, but as it was the lowest staff you were
keeping it had a Brace End on it but you had deleted the opening brace
which was on the Mandolin 1 staff and so you need to delete the brace
end on the staff you have kept.

> So I tried Score >> check score and it started showing the deleted
> content of Mandolin 1 and 2 etc. Should it? Is there a purging
> problem?

No, just that you forgot to delete them from Movement 2.

A more serious problem with V3abass.denemo: you have a custom score
layout which refers to the staffs in V3a.denemo which you have deleted
- you must delete that when you are changing the structure of the score
by deleting staffs.

HTH