Re: Musicxml

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Musicxml
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2020 08:44:16 +0000

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 20:27 -0400, aaron mehl wrote:
> Hi I saw on the internet that in frescobaldi there was a way to
> export to musicxml but I don't see it anywhere in frescobaldi.

I don't think there is anything to do that.

>  My idea is to export to musicxml and then import the musicxml into
> denemo, since I can't import the ly file directly.

There are two ways of importing music into Denemo that I have found
quicker than typing/playing in:
In Frescobaldi I convert the ly file to absolute not relative pitches
and Dutch note names, then I select the text for stretches of notes and
use the command

Command: Paste LilyPond notes
Paste LilyPond notes from the text clipboard
This will import music written as LilyPond syntax
You open the LilyPond file in a texteditor, copy the stretch of notes
(control-c command in your texteditor usually) and then use this
command.
Location: Main Menu ▶ Edit
Internal Name: PasteClipboard

to insert those notes into a suitable staff/voice. If the passage being
copied does not have a \time signature at the start I type one in
first.

The other method is to work from the PDF output - see the thread with
subject
 SharpEye, PhotoScore, and Denemo
in this mailing list (from December 2016)

HTH