Re: What is the suggested way to enter slurred notes in chords with diff

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: What is the suggested way to enter slurred notes in chords with different durations?
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2020 20:19:06 +0000

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 19:01 +0000, Erik Andersen wrote:
> Hi,
> Apologies if this has been asked before, and I don't know the words
> to search for.
>
> How do you recommend handling chords that have slurred notes with
> different durations?
>
> For example, how would you enter the music like https://imgur.com/a/n
> JlSWGQ (look at the lower/base staff of what is a piano treble/base
> staffs combo).
>
> Two chords on one staff?
??? you can't have two chords at the same time on one staff unless they
are in different voices.

> Two voices, with all of the chords split into notes of different
> voices? Or, two voices with only occasional notes on the second one
> where you have chords with different durations/numbers of notes on a
> beat?

Either of these last two, whichever you find easiest to enter/edit/read
back in the  display. If you see them as separate voices then entering
them like that may be easier to look at while you are editing. There's
an example of keyboard polyphony under File->Open->Open Example (from
about 10 years ago, but still ok as an example of polyphony).