Re: Fwd: Re: TimeSignature Display

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: TimeSignature Display
Date: Wed, 01 Jan 2020 09:44:33 +0000

On Wed, 2020-01-01 at 09:13 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:

> I simply wanted to transcribe a "hymn" which is really in plainchant
> with unequal numbers of notes in each "bar" and make duplicates for
> my clarinet and sax players. So all bars the same. You work at a more
> complex level than I can generally understand!

So for that you can use

Command: Start Cadenza Time
Inserts a non-printing timesignature to indicate a cadenza follows. You
must insert any barlines and beaming you require (otherwise none will
typeset). End the cadenza by inserting an End Cadenza Time in a new
Denemo bar.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Time Signatures
Internal Name: CadenzaTime

at the very start of the piece. Distribute the notes amongst the Denemo
"bars" in any way that is convenient for the Denemo Display and add bar
lines for typesetting using:

Command: Insert Barline
Insert barline at cursor, Denemo's measure count is unaffected.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Directives ▶ Inserting Barlines
Internal Name: ForceBarline

at places where you want them.

HTH