Re: Adding a mirror staff in an initial script

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: Adding a mirror staff in an initial script
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 12:58:48 +0000

the reply is a bit out of step :( see below
On Wed, 2019-11-06 at 17:18 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard.
>
> If it is best not to have 7 staffs, the last 4 mirrored, and change
> the
> Key/Time Signatures on loading because their mirror status needs
> changing by hand afterwards,
>
> And it is better to start off with the top 3 and add the remaining 4
> dynamically,

No, better to start off with (d-New) and add all seven staffs
dynamically.

> I am struggling with how. If I use:
> ;;AddMirrorStaff
> (d-AddMirrorVoice 'staff)
>
> the staff is added but I have to choose its parent by hand: I'd like
> be able to specify by name, or "Staff1" etc. Is that possible?

It will be from tomorrow's build (d-AddMirrorVoice 1) to add a mirror
staff of staff 1.

> 'staff seems to be a dummy parameter; I can replace it with
> 'anything-starting-apostrophe and it works

not exactly a dummy, the script until now just checked if the parameter
was true. Everything in Scheme is true except for #f which is false. I
called the parameter 'staff (which in Scheme means the symbol named
staff) as a hint as to what passing it would do, which is make a staff
rather than a voice. When you invoke any command from a menu it is
always passed the parameter #f; what I have now done is to make the
scripts take action if passed a number (rather than #f or a symbol or
the string "edit" or, indeed, anything else).