[Denemo-devel] Creating a Score Layout

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Creating a Score Layout
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2019 19:03:37 +0100

Hi Richard,

I think I need to create multiple (3 different) score layouts on a score.

I have two youngsters playing Bb Clarinet and Eb Sax. What I would like to semi-automate is

From 7 staffs

  1. Chords
  2. Original music, with lyrics if needed
  3. Copy of Original with notes edited for EbSax (but NOT printed)
  4. music borrowed from Staff 3 transposed down a minor third
  5. same as Staff 4 but a Chord Names Staff (this prints the notes names below 4
  6. music borrowed from Staff 2 transposed up a major second
  7. same as Staff 7 but a Chord Names Staff

Layout 1: Print all, i.e. 3 staffs

  1. Original with chords & Lyrics,
  2. Eb Sax with notes
  3. Clarinet with notes

Layout 2: Print just for Sax, i.e

  1. Original with chords & Lyrics,
  2. Eb Sax with notes

Layout 3: Print just for clarinet

  1. Original with chords & Lyrics,
  2. Clarinet with notes

I think I should be able to create one set of music by

  1. opening a Custom Template already set up
  2. copying from an Original (with chords and lyrics if needed)
  3. copying the Original into the hidden staff 3 and then editing any out of range notes.
  4. reinitialising Staffs 4,5,6,7 so the borrowed music has time signature & key signature correct

Then go to Typeset Page and typeset & pdf the 3 layouts above

But I can't see how to create named layouts.

Best wishes

Joe