[Denemo-devel] Another feature: Borrowed music and assign instrument

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Another feature: Borrowed music and assign instrument
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 15:27:29 +0100

Hi Richard,

If I create a new staff and
then a staff below for borrowed music,
the assign Instrument, say, EbSax, or violin, to the first staff everything is fine

If I create a new staff and
then a staff below for borrowed music,
then another staff below that for borrowed music (intended as a chord staff, but not essential to make it one for this effect)
then assign Instrument, say, EbSax or violin, to the first staff:

the cursor drops from the first staff to the first borrowed staff,
the first staff has no Instrument assigned, and
the first borrowed staff (the one in which the cursor has landed) has the Instrument assigned

Somewhat arcane feature found when creating music for my EbSax player.

Joe

PS Attached find an instrument template for an Eb Sax with its music at concert pitch so that
when I have some music on a staff and then assign AltoSaxAtConcert to it, all the note which are below its real range are in red.
I find it useful.