Re: [Denemo-devel] B# & E#

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] B# & E#
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 17:12:25 +0100

On Sun, 2019-04-21 at 14:59 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Sun, 2019-04-21 at 13:04 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> > Hi Richard,
> > Below is a fragment of music with the original in E and the lower
> > part transposed for an Eb Sax.
> > The note names (actually Chord names) are from a staff mirrored off
> > the EbSax line.
> > My beginner Eb Saxophonist would find it easier if B# was written
> > as
> > C and E# as F. I know this is often not approved(!) but is there
> > anyway it can be done in Denemo/Lilypond?
>
> Well, you can replace the LilyPond syntax for any note with the
> command
>
> Command: Replace LilyPond
> Suppresses the normal LilyPond typetting for the current
> note/chord/rest replacing it with syntax provided by user.
> Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests
> Internal Name: ReplaceChord
>
> but I don't think this would help, since I guess what you want is for
> the notation to be one note (B-sharp) and the Chord Names another (C-
> natural), which since you have them sharing the same music is not
> possible.
>
> So you would have to make the music in the Chord Names staff a copy
> of
> the music in the notation staff

Well, mulling this over (it's a terrible idea by the way!) you *could*
change the notation used for a B-Sharp chord to be anything you like,
including C
The stuff to do this re-writing of chord symbols is tucked away in
Denemo (under Staff Properties->Chord Chart Staff->Customizable Chord
Chart), as you don't want a chord chart but the chord symbols without
the surrounding barlines etc it would take some re-working ... surely
not worth it!