Re: [Denemo-devel] B# & E#

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] B# & E#
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2019 14:59:40 +0100

On Sun, 2019-04-21 at 13:04 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> Below is a fragment of music with the original in E and the lower
> part transposed for an Eb Sax.
> The note names (actually Chord names) are from a staff mirrored off
> the EbSax line.
> My beginner Eb Saxophonist would find it easier if B# was written as
> C and E# as F. I know this is often not approved(!) but is there
> anyway it can be done in Denemo/Lilypond?

Well, you can replace the LilyPond syntax for any note with the command

Command: Replace LilyPond
Suppresses the normal LilyPond typetting for the current
note/chord/rest replacing it with syntax provided by user.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Notes/Rests
Internal Name: ReplaceChord

but I don't think this would help, since I guess what you want is for
the notation to be one note (B-sharp) and the Chord Names another (C-
natural), which since you have them sharing the same music is not
possible.

So you would have to make the music in the Chord Names staff a copy of
the music in the notation staff and then you can just edit the note
from B-sharp to C-natural.
This is not a big deal: you can copy all the music from one staff to
the one below in just six keystrokes:

(d-MoveToEnd)
(d-SetMark)
(d-GoToBeginning)
(d-Copy)
(d-MoveToStaffDown)
(d-Paste)

Which could be a command all to itself...