Re: [Denemo-devel] Duplicating a Movement terminates early

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Duplicating a Movement terminates early
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2019 10:03:45 +0100

On Fri, 2019-04-05 at 06:56 +0100, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> I created the attached first movement,
The file you attached has two movements! The second has 13 bars of the
first movement.

>  originally in Bb and transposed
> for my young Eb Sax player.
>
> The music leader wants it played in G, so I thought I'd duplicate
> the
> Movement and transpose it, putting both on one sheet.
> However the Duplicate movement process has stopped part way. (This
> is
> not the first time this has happened either)

Is this a repeatable problem? I tried deleting the second movement and
then using Movement->"Duplicate or Merge"->Duplicate and it duplicated
ok

> Obviously I can just copy from the above, but I wondered why.
>
> The lower line in the second movement references the Saxed line in
> the
> first movement at the moment. It changes when I change the first
> movement (which is one thing I wanted to do previously, but
> couldn't!)

Yes, mirrored music is just a reference to some music in a specific
staff, when you duplicate the movement you copy the reference which
persists in referring to music in the staff in the previous movement.

> This may explain why it is all there.

???

The thing to do is to delete the mirrored staffs in the duplicate
movement and re-create them as references to the second movement's
staffs (unless you want to have them mirror the original music). I
think you could, on the other hand, make all the staffs in the second
movement be mirrors of the non-mirrored ones in the first movement,
which would be neater.