[Denemo-devel] [bug #54871] Denemo 2.1 and 2.2 all windows disappear on

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #54871] Denemo 2.1 and 2.2 all windows disappear on Mac
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2018 17:32:50 -0500 (EST)

Follow-up Comment #3, bug #54871 (project denemo):

I hear ya. For me, even logging out and back in doesn't bring back the window
(Mac OSX, El Capitan in this case) and was too frustrating, despite the other
advantages that set-up had to offer (such as using microphone to speak
commands, that would could have been fun).

I would highly recommend installing Windows on that system (using BootCamp),
if you have the extra space... and time.
Then you could set-up a nice work-flow with Denemo and Frescobaldi (copy the
notes to Frescobaldi and change the language, and, if need be, change the
notes from absolute pitch to relative pitch) and a soundfont, by sending midi
to either something free like CoolSoft VirtualMidiSynth, or even better would
be something like Synthfont2 if possible(~$18, worth it).

For my set-up, Denemo is great for getting the idea down efficiently, and
Frescobaldi is good for working with the "guts" of the Lilypond code (In
Denemo: View menu -> Lilypond.)

It seems like a bit much at times, and some people would prefer not to have to
learn much Lilypond in addition, which is understandable. Probably learning
just 10-20% of Lilypond syntax would be enough to work with a basic score.

(file #45593)

Additional Item Attachment:

File name: DenToFresc.jpg                 Size:320 KB

  <https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?54871>

  Message sent via Savannah
  https://savannah.gnu.org/