Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo edit view empty (was: Denemo crash on startup)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo edit view empty (was: Denemo crash on startup)
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2018 10:03:26 +0000

On Fri, 2018-12-07 at 08:47 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Thank you for the fix, now Denemo does launch. However, the edit view
> remains empty, see attached screenshot. Even when, e.g., adding new
> staffs, the edit view remains empty, although everything is shown
> correctly in the print preview.

I can't reproduce this - I suppose you have used Help->Turn Excessive
Tooltips (Off/On) to get rid of the newbie palettes on the left?
>From the appearance of the screenshot it looks like the widget where
the edit display is usually painted has not been filled in at all - a
light gray - rather than that it is drawing in white or some such other
problem.
What is the console output?

If you tell it to break on the drawing routine

b draw_score

and run it does it stop on the draw_score() routine?

Oh, and if you can check that the AppImage *does* work correctly with
your O/S? http://www.denemo.org/~rshann/denemo_2.2.x.AppImage