[Denemo-devel] Fwd: microtonal accidentals - buttons

From: Freeman Gilmore
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: microtonal accidentals - buttons
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:31:39 -0400

On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 4:00 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Mon, 2018-04-09 at 16:35 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > Denemo writes out a file and then starts the LilyPond program
> > passing
> > it the filename, LilyPond then generates a PDF file which Denemo
> > then
> > displays.
>
> Is a file the string  past for each note?   I ask because the PDF
> is updated each time the string is past.

The whole of the LilyPond syntax is re-calculated and LilyPond re-run
every time you modify the score (and the whole of the display is
recalculated every time you modify the score or even just move the
cursor). This can be too much work when you have long scores, so you
can modify this behavior as needed.

Richard

I am using windows 10 and the work pallet is on top of other windows except for the button pallet which stays on top.   Hear is the problem I open the scheme window, it opens on top, but as soon as I go to the work window the scheme window goes under; I go to the windows task bar it shows there but I click it and it stays under the work pallet.   I should bring it to the top.   The work around is to move the work pallet off screen.

For a 16th note the accidental over rights the earlier note, need to have scheme move the note forward to make room for the accidental.    I need to check this, but I recall that if you have an #A and hit a button the new accidental will over right the #.

Buttons, 3 things:

How do I remove the scheme script that I have saved?   Is this a separate file just for the user?    I did find a scheme file but did not see the script that I saved.   Having some problems, all my buttons print the same thing “k”.  I am going back and poking around, waiting for your reply.

Thank you,