Re: [Denemo-devel] microtonal accidentals

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] microtonal accidentals
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2018 09:29:09 +0100

On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 20:35 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:

> On Sun, Apr 8, 2018 at 6:00 AM, Richard Shann <address@hidden
> m> wrote:
> > On Sat, 2018-04-07 at 22:55 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> > >

> > [...]
> >
> > The example (see below) was:
> >
> > (let ((tag "makam"))
> >         (d-DirectivePut-note-postfix tag "k")
> >         (d-DirectivePut-note-override tag DENEMO_OVERRIDE_AFFIX)
> >         (d-DirectivePut-note-graphic tag
> > "accidentals.sharp.slashslashslash.stem")
> >         (d-DirectivePut-note-gx tag -10)
> >         (d-SetSaved #f))
>

> Four questions:
> If now I want to print a different accidental, I would just replace
> the "k" with the appropriate string, then reenter the same six line
> of code?

Well, you wouldn't need to re-enter the same six lines, you would save
the version with "k" under one command name (or palette button) and
then edit it to be "b" for bakiye (sharp) and save it under another
command name and so on until you had a complete set. Then you would
assign keyboard shortcuts if you are using them a lot.

> Could a macro be made to do this?
> If the note is repeated in the same measure would I have to reenter
> the code?

each time you had a note and you wanted it to have the  bakiye (sharp)
accidental you would hit the keyboard shortcut you've assigned to
execute that command

> "(d-SetSaved #f)) tells Denemo code not saved, is this to allow the
> note to return to natural?

No, it is telling Denemo that you have changed the score you are
writing, by adding an accidental to the note, so if you try to quit
Denemo will warn you that you haven't saved the score:

(This is what I wrote:
> (d-SetSaved #f)
>
> tells Denemo that the file has been changed (so it's "Saved" status
> is
> now FALSE, that is the modified score has not been saved).

by "file" I meant the file that you will be saving your score in, I
should have said "score". The point is the score you are working with
no longer matches the file on disk where you last saved it.)