Re: [Denemo-devel] (no subject)

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] (no subject)
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2018 22:02:29 +0100

On Sun, 2018-04-08 at 16:49 -0400, Freeman Gilmore wrote:
> Richard:
>
> I have a problem may be you could help?
>
> I can not uninstall Denemo, it said missing file and stops.
>
> I am trying to install but it, is now sais  it will take more than
> a day.   It shows very little install (it does show files that are
> being install).

I think you said you were using Windows, and as you are talking about
uninstalling windows I guess you are referring to one of the versions
that come with the GNU installer (the zip versions you can just delete
the folder). This official uninstall program used to be very slow and
so I took to deleting the folder (ie C:\Program Files\Denemo usually).

This also can fail on Windows because Windows thinks that it is still
in use, even after you have quit normally. I think in that case
shutting down and re-starting and then deleting it works.
You don't absolutely have to uninstall it (except to save disk space).
You can use a zip version (which you unzip wherever you like, even on a
USB stick) and just run that - it will ignore any old installed
version.
HTH