Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: Today's download: Tues 13 Feb appears to be broken
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2018 19:52:05 +0000

On Thu, 2018-03-15 at 12:05 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Wed, 2018-03-14 at 18:17 -0500, Jeremiah Benham wrote:
> >
> > It suggests getting the hicolor theme from https://icon-theme.freed
> > es
> > kt
> > op.org/releases/hicolor-icon-theme-0.17.tar.xz
> >  - that is a unix package ...
> >

> > I believe I have done that. I will look into it. I think it is just
> > not finding it.
>
> I looked inside your package and indeed the hicolor theme is present,
> it's just not finding it. I tried moving the /bin /lib /share /etc
> directories into a /usr directory so as to reproduce the same
> hierarchy
> as the old gub builds, but it still doesn't find it.
> There is some calls:
> gtk_icon_theme_get_default ()
> gtk_icon_theme_get_search_path ()
> which we could make inside Denemo to find out what search path Gtk
> has

I've added that code for the G_OS_WIN32 build, but I fear it may not be
the whole story. The error message mentions a particular icon name and
that doesn't appear in the "hicolor" theme anyway.
In wine the full error message is:

denemo.exe:8): Gtk-WARNING **: Could not find the icon 'document-new-
ltr'. The 'hicolor' theme
was not found either, perhaps you need to install it.
You can get a copy from:
        http://icon-theme.freedesktop.org/releases

I wonder if document-new-ltr.png or .svg appears anywhere in our
bundles? I can't see it in my installed Gtk on Debian, but it may be a
different Gtk version.