Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?

From: Edgar Aichinger
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] latest linux binary?
Date: Sat, 03 Feb 2018 12:58:11 +0100

Am Samstag, 3. Februar 2018, 11:34:15 CET schrieb Edgar Aichinger:
> From a bit searching I believe that your error is a different issue and comes
> from the fact that the Appimage is built against newer glib2 than your
> 14.04.1 Ubuntu...
>
> I just changed the Appimage setup so that it builds against openSUSE leap
> 42.2 instead of 42.3, in the hope that it might provide an older glib2. The
> worker machines seem to be busy and lagging, so I can't tell when the build
> will complete, probably a bit later today. So if you revisit the download
> area and find a denemo Appimage from today try if it's any better than the
> previous one...
>
> I haven't been able to get answers from IRC so far, so I plan to get in touch
> with Appimage main developer probono via the Appimage forum or github issue
> tracker.
>
> Sorry for going slow, I hope we can resolve this soon.
>
> Edgar

Update: as it turns out openSUSE Leap 42.2 also is too new and provides glib2
2.48 while forrunning on Ubuntu 14.04.1 you would need a build against glib2
<=2.40, i think.

I have to leave it here for today, and cannot predict how much time I'll be
able to invest during the next week, as it's school holiday and I go skiing
with my kids.

Cheers, Edgar