Re: [Denemo-devel] OFF-LIST Re: lilypond.lang (was Re: Lilypond GtkSourc

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] OFF-LIST Re: lilypond.lang (was Re: Lilypond GtkSourceView language definition)
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2017 14:54:44 +0100

On Mon, 2017-08-21 at 12:29 +0000, Karljurgen Feuerherm wrote:
> Hi
>
> Not wanting to detract from the thread with side-issues, so OFF-LIST.

quite right! denemo-devel <address@hidden> would be the right list
for this sort of question.

> I’m on a Mac with Sierra, tried to instal Denemo a few months ago. Totally
> failed. First I tried it under Brew and then under MacPorts….

 I'm not the best person for Mac questions, but there were problems a
month or two back with the binaries built for Macs with newer Mac
versions reported both in the
bugtracker https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=denemo
and on the mailing list. These were resolved and so the current binary

http://denemo.org/downloads/denemo-2.2-darwin-x64.tar.bz2

should work fine. Please email address@hidden if not.

> Response from MacPorts was that Apple has pulled Qtplay etc.
Denemo doesn't rely on Qt
>  from the OS, so it only really can work pre-El Capitan.

> I believe I was also told Denemo no longer has a maintainer.

Well, that's not at all true, I've been the most active maintainer for
several years now and all last year we were about 3 months between
releases. Only two so far this year, as Denemo does pretty much
everything I want it to - you can see what has gone on here:

http://www.denemo.org/roadmap/#Release_23

HTH