[Denemo-devel] [bug #51508] make denemo accept other keyboard layouts th

From: anonymous
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #51508] make denemo accept other keyboard layouts than us keyboard for shortcuts
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2017 10:42:28 -0400 (EDT)

                 Privacy: Public
             Assigned to: None
             Open/Closed: Open
         Discussion Lock: Any

Details:

Hello everyone,

first, thanks for taking the time to develop denemo! I successfully wrote down
a composition of a friend of mine and myself and although I am still
struggeling to learn the software it is already a great tool.

I have noticed, that the shortcuts only seem to work properly when I set my
keyboard layout to the us keyboard. Since I use the non-standard keyboard
layout neo2 and my printed keyboard is a german qwertz layout, I initially had
problems with using denemo.
I noticed, that I could only access all the functionality by switching to us
layout. When I try to use neo2, the programme interprets keystrokes on the
third keyboard layer instead of the first which would be accepting standerd
characters.

Probably this is a qt issue, and also an extra big problem with neo2 but is
there a way to virtualize the shortcuts, such that denemo accepts any kind of
keyboard layout including the ones that change modifier keys like shift?
(Although shift works as on the us keyboard layout in neo2. But Neo2 has more
layers and modifies the funktion of some other keys such as <)

My aunt asked me if I knew a software in which she could type scores. I wanted
to recommend denemo, but as she is french and the french layout is quite
different from the standard us keyboard (including accessing numbers with the
shift key) I will not recommend it. She is not very good at computer stuff
anyway and having to blindly memorize shortcuts from another layout will be to
much.

It would be a nice thing to add this, if possible.

Cheers

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?51508>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/