Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 2.2

From: Jeremiah Benham
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Release 2.2
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2017 15:22:10 -0500

On Jul 13, 2017 5:01 AM, "Richard Shann" <address@hidden> wrote:
On Wed, 2017-07-12 at 18:03 +0100, Richard Shann wrote:

> > I am currently back to working on MXE.
>
> That sounds tough ... libevince is the most worrying, as it has some
> way
> of finding the PDF backend which may not work even when it is built on
> MXE :(

MXE now supports shared builds now for most packages. I remember guile and evince were problems. I think it is going to be worth the effort.

Some good news - I've got the Virtual Keyboard working for GTK<3.12, so
if it compiles and builds tonight successfully for Windows we should be
able to go ahead with release 2.2 using the current GTK version.

Ok. This built. Let me know when it is ready and I will create the branch tarball etc...

Jeremiah
(I had
a go at doing this before I wrote but got beaten back, but when you told
me what a pain the build had become I gave it another go and have
something that is working, at least when built on Debian - it will need
testing tomorrow on a windows box once it is built overnight - I can do
that).
Then all we need is some time for the translators and we are ready to
go.

Richard

BTW Many thanks to the Chinese and Japanese translators for such quick
work!