Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not ty

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] First Time Denemo [Mac] User - "LilyPond count not typeset this score"
Date: Wed, 17 May 2017 08:55:58 +0100

On Wed, 2017-05-17 at 00:13 +0000, Tony Ventura wrote:
> I did the following:
>

> Launched Denemo by double-clicking. This resulted in Denemo quitting
> unexpectedly. See attached file, Denemo quit unexpectedly
>

> I just launched Denemo again and it did't crash, but I got the same
> INVALID! typeset message.

Tony - what does your Prefences->Externals have for the LilyPond path?
It would be worth trying just the single word "lilypond" there (all
lower case, no quotes) as this will work if the LilyPond installation
has set up the path to the executable.

> I launched Denemo via the Terminal by pasting this text:
> /Users/anthonyventura/Desktop/Denemo.app/Contents/MacOS/denemo.sh

Jeremiah -

Looking at Terminal output.rtf I seem that you have got it pretty much
working. The only thing is this

dyld: Library not loaded: @executable_path/../lib//libstdc++.6.dylib
  Referenced
from: /Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond
  Reason: image not found

which seems to be saying that LilyPond is being found but it is failing
to find a library it needs. This is a separately installed LilyPond, so
my guess is that you can't just directly launch

/Applications/LilyPond.app/Contents/Resources/bin/lilypond

instead I guess you have to launch LilyPond via a script that sets
LD_LIBRARY_PATH, like the script that you run for LilyPond on GNU/Linux
systems. So the Denemo preferences should point to that script ...