Re: [Denemo-devel] Something weird with the playback region

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Something weird with the playback region
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 18:33:03 +0100

On Wed, 2017-04-26 at 13:41 +0200, Johan Vromans wrote:
> On Wed, 26 Apr 2017 09:09:36 +0100, Richard Shann <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > Yes. Curious that the end marker is drawn after the (new) last bar until
> > the MIDI is re-calculated (when you press "Play"), but it makes sense
> > that it doesn't play to a different end-time than it did before you
> > added the extra music.
>
> Actually, I feel different about this. When adding notes I now need to
> update the end marker manually every time I want to hear what I entered. It
> doesn't make much sense to play the same part you just played before.

It sounds like you've identified a little scripted command that you need
a short cut for.
For example, the script

(d-MoveToMeasureLeft)
(d-MoveToMeasureLeft)
(d-MoveToMeasureLeft)
(d-DenemoPlayCursorToEnd)

would move the cursor four bars back from where you are editing and
start playing to the end.

If you can describe what you would like to do I can help you script it
(and then turn that into a command - perhaps one to include in Denemo)