Re: [Denemo-devel] Print (Hide) triplet brackets

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Print (Hide) triplet brackets
Date: Sun, 16 Apr 2017 08:05:08 +0100

On Sat, 2017-04-15 at 16:15 -0700, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> I have an invisible staff, used for multiple parts. I'm trying to 'hide' the
> tuplet bracket on one staff so it doesn't print over itself.
>
> I thought I could just Print (Hide) object (in this case the tuplet bracket
> on
> the hidden staff) using Directives-->Typesetter-->Print (Hide) Object

I think that command is probably poorly documented, it hides the next
"object", in some rather unspecified sense that LilyPond understands -
it inserts the syntax \void at the cursor, making the next thing
LilyPond sees void in some sense.

> but this doesn't seem to work.
>
> Am I missing something here?

yes, a search for "tuplet" in the View->command center or scanning the
entries in the Notes/Rests->Tuplets menu should reveal commands to turn
off tuplet brackets and/or tuplet numbers.