[Denemo-devel] Duplicating in octaves

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Duplicating in octaves
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2017 11:45:50 +0000

Hi Richard,

Frequently we get music for the Octave Mandola which was originally for the Tenor Mandola /Viola. The TM top string is a Fourth higher than that of the OM. As a consequence the OM music can end up a bit high up the fingerboard. We could put a capo on the 5th fret (!) but it would be handier if the music were transposed down. And we can do this in Denemo.

However it would be even  nicer if we could also have the original pitches as well, so if it were possible to select a set of notes, press a button, and have them duplicated an octave lower (or perhaps higher for other purposes?). Then a good player could play the notes at the original pitch and people like me could play the lower notes (with more Open-strings).

I've looked at the Scheme for Transpose Octave:

;in reality this is not shift but transpose. But there are too many functions with the name transpose already...
(SingleAndSelectionSwitcher (lambda ()
    (ShiftProto ANS::CalculateRealOctaveDown)))

and started to look for the equivalent for "Add A to a chord" but there is no GetScript into Scheme window.

So I assume that some items are more primitive than scheme scripts and stopped.

I did look at the code above, which without further examples is a bit arcane. And I can find no documentation for, for example "ShiftProto"
Is there any?

Joe