Re: [Denemo-devel] Something odd happening

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Something odd happening
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2017 14:38:05 +0000

On Wed, 2017-02-01 at 13:12 +0000, Joe Wilkinson wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> I thought I would just check lyrics in the latest download.
>
> Lyrics Syllable Alignment  Left/Right/Centre works just fine.
>
> I seem to be having problems with the attached denemo file (which has
> been much edited and seems to have retained some information that was
> deleted)
>
> I put in Stanza numbers for each of the dummy stanzas and it Typeset
>
> Then I asked for verses 2 on to be typeset at the end and it would not
> Typeset.

Ah, right - it won't typeset with the \stanzaNumber in it

>  So I deleted the Stanza numbers command and it still would not
> typeset.
That's because you didn't alter the verses that are typeset at the end.
You altered the verse under the notes. If you re-run the Typeset Verses
at End you could choose "Edit the end of movement text" to delete the
stanzaNumber line there, or you could replace the verses at the end with
your edited verse.

> So I tested it on an exported .ly file and this fails on Stanza
> number commands.
>
> I have just tried to delete the verses (ready to start again). Verses 3
> and 2 deleted OK. Verse 1 deletion caused denemo to "terminate abnormally"

wow! Yet again you find a catastrophic bug. You cannot delete the last
remaining verse without Denemo crashing. I've fixed this now so tomorrow
all should be well. This bug was not present in 2.0.12 but I don't have
a 2.0.14 to find out if it is a regression - if any one does have 2.0.14
to test please try to delete all the verses from a score.

> Something odd is happening. Is the Typeset Verses at end command
> reliable? Would it be better clearly as a toggle since I may have
> pressed it twice!

It is more sophisticated than a toggle: once you have got verses typeset
at the end it offers you to append more verses, replace them or edit
them.

> Joe
>
> PS To my mind providing the Melismata button to insert space--space and
> space__space is overkill and confused me. If I am adding/editing lyrics
> it is a lot easier to do just that from the keyboard.

yes, but only if you know that you can do that. The point of the command
is to alert you to the syntax needed. Once you know you can type -- you
will do it, of course.