[Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: PDF layout

From: Joe Wilkinson
Subject: [Denemo-devel] Fwd: Re: PDF layout
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2017 20:35:03 +0000

Hi Richard and others. I assume that two days delay in a response is that you are busy with much more important items.

It would be nice to know if there is a simple way of editing the Print layout on my Windows 10 machine. Direct Printing isn't possible from Windows apparently, so I can't use the File>>Print>>Score and Parts option and have to display Score and each Part  separately in the Typeset window and then save each as a separate file. Which isn't really a problem and having them separate is generally more use than all in one file.

What I can't get my head round (short of making a copy of the denemo file and then deleting all the Staffs I don't need (i.e. 4 staffs times 5 movements) individually, is how to print just a pair of staves from all movements (i.e. a score without unneeded parts). I assumed I could create a Custom Layout that would achieve this, but can't see how. The Help file is unhelpful on this!

I could get the Score Layout Window up yesterday but had problems (see below). Now I can not get the view below - there is something in the help file indicating that after saving a custom layout it is only then editable in the Lilypond window - but a view that supposedly allows me to edit the Lilypond text. In this window I can apparently delete some items but can see no way of saving any changes - perhaps I am barking up the wrong tree???

Is it necessary to get a Linux version of denemo in order to do this?

Joe Wilkinson