Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo web page Hacking Sources

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo web page Hacking Sources
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2016 15:49:07 +0000

On Fri, 2016-12-30 at 11:48 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
> on the hacking sources page at the Debian command to install the build
> dependencies, librsvg2-dev is listed twice. Is it intentionally that
> automake and automake1.11 are both listed?

I'm not sure where the list came from - if you can provide something
more definitive that would be great.

> [...] Moreover, I am now running the testing version of Debian,
> which will affect my builds. I will look into that later.

That's good news - it will give us advance notice of problems that the
Gtk development may have in store for us. For example, there is a
deprecation from Gtk for something called GtkMisc, but when I tried to
install replacement code it turned out not to be possible with the
current Gtk3 that Debian ships. I made it conditional on the Gtk version
and so it may fire off with your build and can then be tested.