Re: [Denemo-devel] different tempo markings in same measure

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] different tempo markings in same measure
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2016 09:18:35 +0000

On Thu, 2016-12-01 at 17:42 +0000, Richard Shann wrote:
> On Thu, 2016-12-01 at 09:37 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> > In the score I'm engraving, I'm trying to have the instruments stay
> in one
> > tempo while the choir enters in another tempo.
> >
> > In other words, I'd like a tempo marking to appear at the top of the
> choir
> > staff, but another tempo marking at the same measure in the
> instrument
> > staff...but I want *both* to appear in the conductors score...
> >
> > What is the best way to do this?
>
> Use the multi-line text and music to create the markup you need. I
> recall giving an example in an earlier email.

I didn't have time to look it up yesterday, but this is the bit of the
email I meant:

From:   Richard Shann <address@hidden>
To:     Donald J. Stewart <address@hidden>
Cc:     address@hidden
Date:   Thu, 01 Dec 2016 17:42:40 +0000

You need to study the markup commands available

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/text-markup-commands

and in this case:

http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.18/Documentation/notation/music

In particular the \note-by-number markup command

\note-by-number #2 #0 #UP

is your (quarter-note). Note you *must* have a space after #UP else it
will not typeset!

\note-by-number #2 #0 #UP = 120 bpm

is an example - place this in the Multi-line text and music editor and
you get a metronome mark as markup.