Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2016 08:24:28 +0000

On Wed, 2016-11-30 at 23:30 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> On Tuesday, November 22, 2016 8:50:16 AM PST Richard Shann wrote:
> Print

> > > ... so what is the offending syntax & LilyPond's message about it
> (i.e.
> > > right-click->Typeset in the LilyPond window and look in the pane
> below).
> > >
> > > IIRC "Typeset barlines literally" just means issuing \bar "|" at
> each
> > > point in the music where Denemo has a barline in the Denemo
> Display.
> >
> > Well, as usual IIRC is not good enough :)
> > In fact this command adds *two* directives, one, "DenemoBar", does
> issue
> > a \bar command, but with extra fancy stuff to get bar numbering
> working.
> > The other is a directive tagged "ScoreTiming" which issues the
> syntax
> >
> > \set Score.timing = ##f
> >

> This may be the case, as I can toggle 'Typeset Barlines Literally',
> thereby
> turning the command on or off, and allow Denemo Print View to
> actually
> print the score (when it's toggled on, Denemo Print View gives the
> error
> code,

What is the error message - the lower pane of the LilyPond window when
you right-click and choose Typeset Current Layout? (I don't know exactly
which score you are referring to ...)

>  when it's toggled off, it prints)

You mean it typesets a new version in the Print View ... or does it do
so anyway, but over-print with a warning that it may not be correct? (I
think it does the latter if LilyPond issues only Warnings not Errors).