Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] trouble creating parts
Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2016 21:48:33 +0000

On Wed, 2016-11-09 at 10:48 -0800, Donald J. Stewart wrote:
> When trying to draw a Part in Denemo Print View, I'm getting an error of:
>
> 'Check Score.
> Cursor may have moved to error point in the score.'

Are you getting the same message with the whole score, with the
movement?

> I did have a number of spacer rests in various instruments (to create 'empty'
> measures), but I changed these back to actual rests, thinking that may be
> the problem. This wasn't the case.
>
> Score->Check Score replies with 'no problem detected...'
>
> ...yet trying to draw parts
same message for each part?
>  in print view gives the above error...thereby
> making it impossible to Typeset this part, and edit the part itself.
what is the problem with editing?

> Am I doing something wrong?

Look in the View->LilyPond window, right click and choose "Typeset" and
then find the place where the LilyPond syntax turns red. If it is in the
music itself you can locate the place (that is where the cursor should
have moved to)
The error message given in the bottom pane may explain the problem.
It may all be a bit obscure though, in which case you are welcome to
post up the bit of syntax that is throwing the error and the error
message or you can email me the (compressed) version of your file -
privately if it is confidential. I'm always happy to look at these cases
as it sometimes shows up a bug in Denemo's generation of the syntax for
LilyPond, or at least something Check Score could check for.