[Denemo-devel] [bug #47155] Denemo 2.0.2 build fails at the linking phas

From: Richard Shann
Subject: [Denemo-devel] [bug #47155] Denemo 2.0.2 build fails at the linking phase with undefined reference errors
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 15:35:10 +0000

Follow-up Comment #1, bug #47155 (project denemo):

>From the log you attached it seems you had --enable-evince in the configure
and yet the flag USE_EVINCE is undefined during the build.
There is a bug in the code which means that without USE_EVINCE set the two
symbols you mention are not defined. I have fixed this by adding stubs for
them and this is now checked into master. However: the resultant build (with
evince disabled) is only of real use for the test suite, So for your purposes
it would be good to dig deeper:
There was a very similar bug report not very long ago, This was another case
where the build without evince was failing - the bug you have uncovered is
more recent.
So it would pay to find out what the resolution to that bug was. I don't
understand how the configure flags get translated into the defines that are
tested inside the C code so I can't say for sure what is going on.

But, for sure you need USE_EVINCE to be defined during compilation if you want
to build Denemo for real users.

  <http://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?47155>

  Message sent via/by Savannah
  http://savannah.gnu.org/