Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo trouble with soundcard mic input

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] denemo trouble with soundcard mic input
Date: Sat, 24 Oct 2015 17:31:50 +0100

On Sat, 2015-10-24 at 12:15 -0400, Marc Currie wrote:
> Great program! I used LilyPond in the past, and I am just getting
> started with Denemo. I am having trouble getting the mic input to work
> on the Windows version. I can see the mic is working in the Window's
> sound panel. Any advice?

I've not had problems with the soundcard mic input on windows, though
you do need a microphone that generates a big enough signal. Having said
that, there is more than one mic input on my desktop machine, I don't
know how windows would handle that. If you look under Edit->Change
Preferences->Audio and look at the Audio Input list you may find you can
select something there - you may need to re-start Denemo for each
attempt (or it may offer to re-start the audio subsystem for you). It
will remember your last choice, of course. I've had to do that for audio
output on windows where the machine has some usb audio output device
attached or the like... Microphone input, I don't recall being difficult
- make sure you really do have a usable signal - I think there is a toy
sound recorder on windows which you can test with. (oh, and of course
you need to select Input->Audio Input).

You don't mention which version you have - go for the release candidate
that is mentioned on the Downloads page, if you don't have it already.