Re: [Denemo-devel] Compatibility with older versions

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Compatibility with older versions
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 15:12:33 +0100

When the slurs code was simplified Denemo would open the old format but
save in the new. There is an update script which simply opens all
the .denemo files and saves them.
Unfortunately, it seems that I failed to make a release during this
compatibility period. (I have found that I too have some files with
old-format slurs which I have never updated).
If you are dependent on ready-built binaries, there is a problem.
If you are able to build starting from git clone you can build a version
which loads the old and stores the new:

git checkout e6621377e40e98dd9ec0985e72b301f4878c97ce

then make distclean && autogen.sh && ./configure <your local-prefix....>
&& make && make install

then open with this version and save. (There is a script in bin that
will open and save recursively - I would make a backup before running
it!)

Things are supposed to stay compatible, but there was a problem over the
change to the repeat bar syntax - check that repeat bar lines are still
printing correctly, if not delete and re-run the repeat bar command you
need.

HTH (and sorry for the blunder in not releasing during the window of
compatibility, it has caught me out too).

Richard