Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Debian build

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo Debian build
Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 10:21:41 +0100

On Sat, 2015-07-11 at 11:12 +0200, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> I tried to change to the stable branch via
>  git checkout stable-1.2.4
> but it seems a new branch has been created. What did I do wrong?

My notes on this are:

Remote Branches
You want to run a command like this (first do git pull):

git pull
git checkout -b stable-1.0.8 origin/stable-1.0.8

The part that goes "-b stable-0.8.6" creates a local branch off of the
remote branch. The local branch will be called whatever you pass the
-b.

It was Jeremiah that educated me on this...

Richard