Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crashes

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Denemo crashes
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2015 12:43:35 +0100

On Fri, 2015-07-03 at 05:23 -0500, Edwar Cifuentes wrote:
> Hello, I downloaded denemo from the website when I click on "choose
> soundfont" on the midi tab, denemo crashes.  As terminal output I get
> "GLib-GIO - ERROR   : No GSettings schemas are installed on the system"
> I'm using linux mint 17.1 xfce 64-bit

This is a problem with the build - the current windows binary has this
fixed but it looks like a new GNU/Linux binary hasn't been built.
There is some emails about it on the list - you need a file called
gschemas.compiled in
<INSTALL_DIRECTORY>/usr/share/glib2.0/schemas/share/glib2.0/schemas

without it you can't even use Open to get a file loaded - all of the
file chooser dialogs crash.

You should be able to find a copy of gschemas.compiled in your
system /usr/share/glib2.0/schemas/share/glib2.0/schemas directory
(assuming you have gtk installed) - try copying it to the same directory
of your binary installation.

Jeremiah - could you build a new GNU/Linux binary? I hope we can release
this weekend.