Re: [Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] crescendo vs. hairpin question
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2015 08:36:47 +0000

On Sat, 2015-03-07 at 20:24 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hi Richard,
>
>     I wasn't able to make these scripts work.

I can't tell from this what has happened. If you start Denemo, and pin
up the Notes/Rests->Markings->Dynamics menu (by clicking on the dotted
line).

Then do File->New
and enter four quarter notes.
Place the cursor on the first of these and click on Crescendo Text
Spanner and choose some text. Then move to the next note and click on
End Crescendo (Off/On),
then move to the next note and click on Start Crescendo (Off/On)
then move to the next note and click on End Crescendo (Off/On)
and then typeset the result. You should see your text for the first two
notes and a hairpin for the third and fourth. If not, please send the
result you do get.
Attached is the result I get (I left the text as "poco" which of course
doesn't make much sense here).