Re: [Denemo-devel] first and second endings

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] first and second endings
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 2015 18:23:57 +0000

On Sun, 2015-01-18 at 12:40 -0500, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Hello Richard and other denemo friends,
>
>     Can someone enlighten me as to how first and second endings work
> in denemo?
You insert start and end objects from Directives->Markings->Spanning
menu (and any needed repeat bars from Directives->Markings->Inserting
Barlines)

> I hope to put text in place of the usual numbers marking the endings.
For arbitrary text use Nth time bar
(Directives->Markings->Spanning->Start an Nth time Bar)
usual shortcut is r,n

This needs a fairly recent version.
There are also repeat commands that generate nicer-to-read LilyPond
text, but they are hidden because you need to understand LilyPond to use
them.

Richard