Re: [Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation

From: Dan MacDonald
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Using denemo for drum notation
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 08:12:29 +0000

Hi Richard

I added a new 'cross' entry to the notes menu for that little bit of script and I also assigned it a shortcut key but even when I use the script via a shortcut key, it still only applies to the note at the cursor. This is my experience under Denemo 1.2.0 under Arch Linux.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to me that these scripts should only work on multiple notes when applied via a menu w/ a shortcut key instead of from just a menu, icon or shortcut key alone.

Thanks

On Sun, Dec 21, 2014 at 10:49 PM, Richard Shann <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sun, 2014-12-21 at 22:12 +0000, Dan MacDonald wrote:
> There's not some special way I should be selecting notes is there?
> I've been LMB dragging over the notes I want to adjust, they get
> highlighted by dark yellow/green columns then I push my new shortcut
> icon and that only changes the note under the denemo cursor.

The Edit->Selection->Apply Command to selection
command only works when you give the command you wish to apply a
keyboard short cut. So it has to be put into the menu system - I've put
a description of how to do this on the website.