Re: [Denemo-devel] 1. "Insert quadruplets" prob 2. Staff type conversion

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] 1. "Insert quadruplets" prob 2. Staff type conversion?
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2014 16:16:18 +0000

On Tue, 2014-12-02 at 10:55 -0500, Bric wrote:
> Hi.
>
> A couple things:
>
> 1.  When I do "insert quadruplets", the quadruplet object appears, with
> a note indicator arrow (moves up and down with a,b,c key strokes), but I
> can't get any notes to insert in-between the quadruplet boundaries.
> Using my current note production mode, which is striking keys  a through
> g.  I can copy and paste between the boundaries, however.  Would be nice
> to type there as well.  Maybe a tiny bug?

Those boundary objects are just like other Denemo objects, you insert
things between them using the same commands for anything else. The
standard insertion is before the object at the cursor. There are some
special commands to put things after the cursor, where it doesn't make
sense to insert before (e.g. a whole measure rest).
The standard short cuts for a thru g are the Change/Append commands,
which don't insert notes. Shift-A,Shift-A thru G does that.
But usually (?) you would insert with a duration key ... Or perhaps you
could invent some system of your own - if so, please share it with
others.

> 2.   Perhaps not a frequent need but sometimes one may have music in
> piano staff(s) already and want to convert it for other instruments.  It
> would be nice to be able to split

there is nothing to split. The top staff has a PianoStaff staff group
start set on it, and the lower a PianoStaff end, that's all.

>  the two piano staffs (LH & RH) and
> convert them to other types of (single) staffs.  Currently one would
> have to copy & paste.  Not a grueling task, but still...

You don't have to copy and paste. You change the staff groupings set on
the staffs (you can use the tool icons at the start of the staff, or the
edit directives on the staff menu, or - I think - the Score Layout,
where you actually get a graphic showing the curly brace).

There is also a fancy instrument name for piano staffs, if you have used
it you would need to delete it I would guess.

HTH