Re: [Denemo-devel] Multi-measure rests

From: Richard Shann
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] Multi-measure rests
Date: Tue, 08 Jul 2014 15:00:57 +0100

On Tue, 2014-07-08 at 09:08 -0400, Ellen Schwindt wrote:
> Dear Richard,
>
> Here is another questions.
>

> How do I tell the program to print multi-measure rests for empty
> measures in a part? I found the command under Staffs/Voices, but
> clicking left did not change the outcome—no multimeasure rests
> appeared in my part.

My guess is that you had empty measures rather than measures with whole
measure rests in them.
The command only changes unbroken sequences of whole measure rests into
multi measure rests. Empty measures are where you may be going to add
some music later. The usual shortcut is space bar for whole measure
rest.
Also consider using Notes/Rests->Rest Entry->Multi Measure Rests
as this gives more control - the one under the staff menu just seeks out
sequences of whole measure rests and applies this multi measure rest
command to them (very convenient sometimes, of course).

Richard