Re: [Denemo-devel] travis fails on new test

From: Éloi Rivard
Subject: Re: [Denemo-devel] travis fails on new test
Date: Mon, 26 May 2014 23:20:57 +0200

The previous successful build had also this error, so this should not be a problem : https://travis-ci.org/denemo/denemo/jobs/26030675#L4464

Comparing denemo files against themselves seem not to be good idea after all, I will look at this in the week.

Eloi, I added a test for the new enharmonic note change command and it
seems like the build is broken (it gives three broken builds, so I am
not so clear what has triggered the brokenness)
Looking at the log file I see this:

error: program too old: 2.14.2 (file requires: 2.18.0

this is an error message from LilyPond saying that the LilyPond text
generated by Denemo is for 2.18.0 while the version travis uses is
2.14.2

I suspect this is a red-herring in fact, caused by travis running the
thumbnailer, as the test I created is just a file that re-creates itself
on loading - it doesn't try to run LilyPond. (I checked that it did save
as an identical file when loaded and saved).

Looking further back in the log file I see that the new test failed -
the cursor position was 0 instead of 1 and the chords it creates are
missing.

Is there a simple command line invocation of denemo that I can use which
does what travis is doing so that I can generate tests reliably?